November 9, 2009

FREE Digital Image: Elegant Pumpkins

This is the card I made for the There's Magic In The Air's
monochromatic challenge this week. This is also my first ever monochromatic anything I have ever made. So, this time I actually picked my pp and colors first prior to coloring my image (there's a concept!). I knew I wanted a terra cotta color so I started there and found this rusty terra cotta color. I love the old world stack and there is where I found my pp. Then I went to my card stock stack that was already in a monochromatic way and I picked my card stock. I also thought instead of going with a white or cream to print my image on I would go with the lightest color of my monochromatic color and printed it off on that. So when I colored my image I would let that color come through, thus making my image also matching my monochromatic color. Since I have not felt good all week I just made this tonight and found it really hard to photograph this color. My colors are a lot richer and this is a little off in the color. My mom gave me this ribbon which I think is up-teen years old, I usually use it for when I make bread for church, but found it was perfect for this card. I kept my card simple with lots of matting with the black and variations of the card stocks, but it is kind of hard to see the variations, there are 3, but they are slight, except the lightest which I printed the image off on. Then I placed those three little black stickers above the image and thought it looked elegant and so I left it at this. I colored this with my colored pencils. I really loved how this turned out. I will have to do more monochromatic things!



If you stopped by to look, thanks a lot and if you left me some luvins in a post, I just adore you! Have a Magical Monday!

8 comments:

Selma said...

First Nina I want to say how sorry I am you have been so sick. I pray you will be feeling much better soon. Your card is gorgeous. I love the colors you used and the black is so stricking. I also really like the way you tied the ribbon. When I first saw your card, I thought it was a framed picture. Again, this is gorgeous. Take care and feel better soon.

Danielle said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick Nina - I hope this week is better for you! I love this card - the terracotta colours tones are just gorgeous and I love how you tied the ribbon! Just gorgeous!
Hugs, Danielle

Nilla said...

Just gorgeous, you did so well with the monochromatic color! Love it! Hugs Nilla

Kim Mc said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!! The colors are gorgeous and it has such a vintage-y look to it that just screams Thanksgiving to me. The photo corners set it off wonderfully and the stickers top it off beautifully!

Hope you feel better soon!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

Curt in Indy said...

This is beautiful Nina! What a great image and the mono theme was an interesting challenge for it! I love these colors and the ribbon IS perfect. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you are better now! Best, Curt

Maria Matter said...

beautifully done Nina...so elegant!!!

Blessings, Maria

Shelly said...

What a lovely card, Nina! It showcases the image perfectly. Sorry I'm so slow in commenting. I got behind during an extra busy week.
I hope you're feeling better.

Kim Mc said...

When you have time, check out my blog for a special surprise for you! Aloha, Kim