December 7, 2009

Free Digi - Sweet Trouble

This weeks challenge over at TMITA was to create a "Clean and Simple card with limitations on what you can use (e.g., "NO" brads, bows, or anything that would make it challenging to mail) and a color requirement PINK, of course, must appear on your card somewhere."

Soooo, since I have been wanting to do a easel card I chose to do that and then I kept my surface pretty flat. I added a fairly flat trim and then punched some snowflakes to match. I really love this style of card and I will be makikng many more of these and they are really simple as well, but I have to say it was hard to keep things flat and easy for mailing! I also used the embossing folder on one side and carried my pp up into my card that was on the base where my sentiment is. I drew a circle on my snowflakes and added some pink stickles. I also added some diamond stickles on her hat fluff. I also drew little circle on my container holding the candy canes to jaze it up a little to match the pp somewhat. I thought this image turned out really cute all colored up and I don't think she looks like much trouble either!! but then again, I don't own her! hehe




ok.. it is now 1:30AM and I am dead tired so that is it for me for this day!! Have a sweet day!



6 comments:

Jessie said...

I love your easel card Nina! I have been wanting to try one for ages now and still haven't made one. I think that will be my mission for this week :)

Patti J said...

Wow Nina - love your new blog look! You are so festive and ready for the holidays! Beautiful! Your easel card is fantastic! Great job, and great choice of papers and colors!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super,super cute Nina! Your dp and embossing is perfect! I love how the circles on your embossing coordinates with the circles you put on the tin for the candy canes! And yes easel cards are so much fun! Get some sleep girl, you have a very busy few days ahead of you!

craftieodmae said...

I love your easil card, wish I had thought of that LOL. It's fantastic!

Kim Mc said...

Well I continue to be so honored that you were inspired by my sweet (most of the time) puppy and I will always cherish this image!! I absolutely love all the DT cards and yours is no exception! The easel card is fab (check out mine on Wednesday!) and I love all the colors!! And your coloring of her is perfect...I love the varying tones...she definitely is not a one color dog but hard to tell that in pics somehow you knew! Also your snowflakes are perfect!!! I had one on an earlier version of my card but it didn't make into the final...maybe for the ones I send out though...I love yours! Thanks again for sharing Malie and hope you get rested up for Wednesday!

Aloha, Kim

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card (and an easel card, BRAVO)! Love all about it and the image is so cute! Hugs Nilla