August 30, 2010

Magical Monday - PCC Image & No Store Bought Pattern Paper

This week's challenge over at the Paper Cupcake's Challege Blog Marie Bridgeman brings us this weeks challenge. She wants us to use a Paper Cupcake image and no store bought pattern paper. This week I decided to mess around and do something I haven't tried before as a technique. So, I thought I would attempt to antique my image. I am not so sure I liked exactly how it turned out and I think I would do it a little differently the next time, but I decided to go ahead and used what I did.

The image that I started with is called "Orchid Tea Cup with Bird" by Paper Cupcakes. After I colored the image I crinkled it all up, then smoothed it out. I then sponged on some inks, pink and then a brownish color. It kind of adhered to the crinkles in the paper. I then added the clear crackle and let that dry and then went back and sponged back over that with a little darker brown to fill in the crackles. I think if I was to do this again I would just crinkle the paper, add the crackle, let it dry then rub the ink on and over the dry crackle. So, I will try that the next time and see what I like best. I don't hate this, but not sure I am thrilled with it either.

I made my flower with lace that I just twisted and glued to a card stock circle and then added a bead to the center to finish it off. The lace you see running up and down the card is the same lace I made to use the flower. Added the rhinestones and called it complete and then headed out weekend away to the water park.

I like this card much better in real life. My image doesn't really lay flat and I liked that and so it is not adhered flat to the card, but you really can't see that here at all.



Have a Heartfelt day!

Emoticon

8 comments:

Dru said...

Hi Nina - your card is lovely. I especially love the trim, flower and pearl - it's the perfect touch!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great antiquing Nina! I've never mastered that technique! Beautiful card!

Toni said...

Very different texture, but it looks really neat. Hope you had fun at the waterpark. Did you get my one email?

Amber (bambi64) said...

Never thought to do it this way. I usually do the cracked glass look. Does make a neat card.

CraftinGranny said...

Never used this technique but I think it's a fantastic card and very well done. It's something unique and I love unique things. Hope your trip was relaxing and enjoyable. "Hugs" Carol

Patti P. said...

Nina, lovely card...I love vintage and your lace and flower are perfect and they go so well with this image. TFS

cardmaking bird said...

Hi Nina, I think you've done a great job with the challenge I've set. Fab card! Hugs, Marie x

Nilla said...

Gorgeous, love the technique, fabulous touch! Hugs Nilla